Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Low Carbon Oxford Week

Welcome to Low Carbon Oxford Week!

This afternoon I'll be talking rubbish again.  I've been invited to the lovely Turl Street Kitchen in Oxford as part of the Low Carbon Oxford week's festival of fun, frolics and trans-formation, aiming to encourage more and more people to improve their understanding of carbon footprint and to take action to lower the carbon footprint of their own lifestyle.

I'll be talking about my book, how and why I came to write about rubbish and my own mission towards  a zero waste lifestyle.  We will be sharing expertise and low carbon tips, and there will be games and prizes! And … I'll be on the look out for top tips for reducing food waste for my next book. Come along and share your ideas and see what more you could be doing to live more with less - 4.30-5.30pm and again from 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm at The Turl Street Kitchen, Oxford -  today 17th June 2014.




There are lots of free talks going on all week, there's a mini festival tomorrow in Bonn Square tomorrow afternoon from 12 noon to 4pm with music, up-cycling, local producers and a bike workshop.  There will be an 'ask the expert' session too, which is a chance to share tea and cake and chat with people from the Environmental Change Institute.   I'll be there too and you can pick my brains about all things rubbish and/or how to write and publish a book.

This weekend Oxfordshire will have its very own eco-festival at Hill End Farm.  You coming?  And are you coming by bike?


It's ok…the bike is optional!

Have a great LCO Week 







No comments: